G'day! Hope you enjoy my adventures from Down Under!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Bellaire Primary School

Last Monday I was asked by the Middles Unit (Grades 3-4) at Bellaire Primary School to accompany the students on a trip into Geelong. The students in these grades have been learning about the history of their city and got to go on an "excursion" to learn some more about it. I can't post pictures of the students on here because I would have to get their parents' permission. But, I wanted to show some stuff that is going on at school, as well as my travels.

This is the Hitchcock Memorial Bandstand in Johnstone Park.

Here are the students around an aboriginal sculpture in Johnstone Park. Don't you love their hats?
On the waterfront in Geelong
This carousel was originally powered by steam. While that's not the main source anymore, there are times when it is still ran by steam. The carousel is located right on the waterfront, making it a very popular stop for kids.

And I'm definitely still a kid....

I'd seen several bollards along the waterfront before the excursion, but I hadn't seen this set yet. Those of you who know much about my family will know why I HAD to get a picture of them.
I went on another excursion today to a local vet with my group of students. The kids at Bellaire are wonderful and I'm really enjoying the opportunity to teach them. Since I can't post pictures of the students, I'll leave you a link to the school site if you would like to find out more about where I'm teaching.
The junior unit is also having an expo night on Thursday. Two of the teachers in the unit made a video for the junior blog about the expo night. The beginning is pretty cute and you can see what the kids are up to at school (and of course there are Australian accents if you're interested in hearing those).
This is a four day school week for schools in Victoria, as Monday was Labour Day. On the long weekend I went to Sydney with Peter and Helen. I will be posting pictures of that trip VERY soon!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome!