G'day! Hope you enjoy my adventures from Down Under!

Friday, March 12, 2010

Sydney Harbour Bridge

Also located in Sydney is the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Just like with the Opera House, I ended up taking way too many pictures. The bridge is supposedly the world's widest long-span bridge and it is the tallest steel arch bridge.



This is the view I had of the bridge at breakfast on my first day in Sydney.
Here I am in front of the bridge. On the right you can see one of the many ferries that transport people to different locations throughout the harbour.





The next few pictures were taken as we rode a ferry underneath the bridge.

The bridge and the opera house



Here are some Australian flags on top of the bridge. One of the things I've noticed since being in Australia is how much more common it is for Americans to display American flags than it is for Australians to display Australian flags. I've never been in a classroom in the U.S. that doesn't have an American flag, but none of the classrooms here have Australian flags. Also, there is no pledge to the Australian flag--or at least no one I've talked to remembers it very well.

On our last day in Sydney, we had a great seafood lunch. We ate outside on the patio and this was our view of the bridge.

I promise I didn't spend all of my time in Sydney taking pictures of the opera house and the bridge. I'll post some pictures of some of the beaches and markets we visited soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome!