G'day! Hope you enjoy my adventures from Down Under!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

London Bridge has fallen down

We were VERY busy on Sunday. We started the day by going to a small chocolate shop. Then we went to a little cheese factory. So, I was pretty full from all of the taste testing. Then, Richard took us to the Arch. It was a beautiful day to go sight seeing and I got some of the most beautiful pics I've taken since I've been in Australia.

The Arch

Coastline near the Arch



After seeing the Arch, we went to the London Bridge. In the picture below, it looks like the bridge stands alone in the water. However, this is a recent development. About 15-20 years ago, the detached portion was attached to the part of rock on the left. At that time, you could actually walk out on the bridge. Then, one day, the first arch collapsed into the water. Amazingly, no one was injured, but there were two people stranded on the part left in the water. To make it even more interesting--the two people stranded included a man and his mistress! His wife found out he was having an affair only because he and his mistress had to be rescued by helicopter! It is predicted that the other arch will eventually collapse, as well.

Coastline near London Bridge


The Grotto For whatever reason I loved the loch-cow monster at the cheese factory.
After all of the sight seeing, we had a beach picnic and went strawberry picking. I'm pretty sure they were the best strawberries I've ever tasted....and I definitely ate more than I picked!


I had a great weekend and have been busy teaching this week. I was observed by my supervisor from Deakin University today and it went really well! I'm planning to make some Kentucky food for my host family this weekend, so keep your fingers crossed that it's not a disaster...haha. Hopefully I'll have more pics to add soon!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katisha, Now I have to go back and check my pictures to see if the arch was attached when I was there. I am almost sure we walked out over it and then a few years after we were there, we heard of the fallen part. Deakin University also was the one I was affiliated with. Ron ???, sorry I cannot remember his last name, was my supervisor. Which schools are you working in? Also, musts: meat pies and fish & chips!! Have fun1

    ReplyDelete
  2. There wasn't any information at London Bridge, but I was told it fell not too many years ago. I bet you do have pictures on it! I wish I could have walked out on it...it was really beautiful. My advisor is Dr. Russell Matthews...it may be different for me since I'm Elementary Ed. I'm at Bellaire Primary School, which is one of the premier schools in Geelong. Fish and chips are great! I haven't gotten up the courage for the meat pies yet, but maybe soon....

    ReplyDelete

Comments Welcome!