G'day! Hope you enjoy my adventures from Down Under!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Fair Haven/More Beaches

Last week, the Westons (my host family) took me to Fair Haven and a little beach called Hutt Gully. Both are located on the Great Ocean Road.

Hutt Gully is a really small beach and there weren't very many people around.

Signs like this are found all along the Great Ocean Road. Every now and then I still forget and try to get in the right side of the car....


This is a view of the cliff next to the beach at Hutt Gully.

There were more people at Fair Haven, but it was still beautiful.



Lighthouse in Fair Haven



This is Jess, Peter's daughter. She's been nice enough to let me stay in her room while I'm in Australia.


Here is Sam, Peter's son. He LOVES to make fun of my accent...but I just dish it right back...
The water was icy, but it was a really warm day, so I had a great time at the beach. I just got back from a camping trip, so I will post non-Ocean pics soon!















1 comment:

  1. You might ask your host family if they know of a golf course along the GOR that is inhabited by kangaroo. It's not too far from Geelong. It was the closest we were to so many kangaroo. Legend has it that golfers are somewhat commonly kicked by kangaroo because they are so close. There's a beautiful waterfall close by, too. Sorry I can't remember the names of these places. Notice the grills on the front of lots of the vehicles? Especially outside of the city? Kangaroo sit on the roads at night and lick condensation on the painted stripes on the roads and are a commonly hit by vehicles. Most people kept a stick to pick out the remains...sorry so graphic!

    ReplyDelete

Comments Welcome!