G'day! Hope you enjoy my adventures from Down Under!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The End

My Aussie Adventure has come to an end. On my last day of student teaching, Junior B and Junior S threw me a party. All of the students gave me cards and brought in food. I can't post a picture of the students, but here is part of the spread they created for me. There were lots of great "Australian foods" including fairy bread (white bread with butter and sprinkles), lamingtons, and lollies (candy).
It was very hard for me to leave my students at the end of the day. I think it's always tough when you have to leave a group of kids you've become so attached to, but knowing I was going to the other side of the world made it even more difficult.
On the Saturday before I flew back, my host mum and Charlotte's host mum threw a farewell party for us. Over 40 people came to see us off. I knew it would be difficult to leave everyone when I went to Australia, but I really underestimated how hard it would be to leave all of my new friends to come home.
These are the two teachers I worked with everyday. Teresa (on the left) teaches Junior S and is in the classroom adjoining Junior B's classroom. Jo (in the middle) teaches Junior B and was my cooperating teacher.
Here I am with Helen, my host mum. We had lots of fun together!



More Aussie friends: Claire, Kandice, and Cameron
This is Charlotte (the other American student) and Chris (her new Aussie boyfriend). She came home to graduate from Auburn and spend some time with her family, but she is moving back to Australia in July.

My host family took me to the airport on Monday, May 3 and I flew out at 10:10 A.M. After a 14 hour flight to L.A., a layover, and another 4 hour flight, I landed in Nashville at 5:00 P.M. on Monday, May 3. It was the LONGEST day of my life, but it felt good to be home.

Celebrating Cinco de Mayo in Lexington with Anna, Cameron, and Katie! I was SO excited to see them again!
Graduation on May 8
"Kristina Ann Pickrell." Nothing like having the wrong name announced at graduation to brighten up your day.


Yay for participation!
With Mom and Dad afterwards.
Unlike Charlotte, I avoided the Aussie boys and decided to stick with the one I had before I left. With Mitch after graduation.

I can't believe how fast my time in Australia went. I'm sad that my time in Oz has come to an end, but I'm excited about (hopefully) getting a job and having my own classroom. Thanks for checking out my blog and I hope you've enjoyed my adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome!