G'day! Hope you enjoy my adventures from Down Under!

Friday, April 16, 2010

Palm Cove

Our last day in Queensland was supposed to be pretty, but it ended up raining off and on all day. In the morning we tried to go to Trinity Beach, which is a small beach close to where we were staying. Unfortunately, about 15 minutes after we got there it started to rain and we had to leave.
Trinity Beach

From October through May, people have to share the coastal waters with deadly jellyfish. Nets like these are set up on most of the beaches so people can get in the water during these months without worrying about the stingers.


Stinger net at Palm Cove


On Thursday afternoon we went to Palm Cove. This is an upscale beach town about 5 minutes north of Clifton Beach. Several different spa places are the main attraction to this area. There are a few shops and restaurants, but I felt it was very overrated.
Shops at Palm Cove

Thick fog hung over the mountains all week long. This is a view of Palm Cove from the pier.
One more shot of the ocean
I will (hopefully) be going to Tasmania this weekend. Of course, I would get sick three days before I'm supposed to go... Charlotte and I will be driving a camper van around the island, so pray we can keep it on the left side of the road. I'm sure there will be lots of interesting things to share when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome!