G'day! Hope you enjoy my adventures from Down Under!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Geelong West and fireworks on the Waterfront

Yesterday Peter had to go into West Geelong and do some work at his optometry practice. So, I went along to see this end of town. This is the older part of Geelong and it's filled with little boutiques and coffee shops. These shops are typically small businesses owned by local members of the community. I really liked a lot of the shops and there were great sales on for Australia Day and kids going back to school.

Below is a picture of part of the main strip of West Geelong.

The Town Hall is right in the middle of all the shops and cafes.

Later in the day Peter and Helen took me to the Waterfront. Geelong had a firework show to celebrate Australia Day, which is similar to our 4th of July. Helen is the vice principal at the school I will be at and she and her family offered to act as an interim host family for me until a permanent placement could be found. However, last night they invited me to stay with them for the entirety of my trip. They are a great family, so I was very excited about this. Here is a picture of Peter and Helen at the Waterfront.



Here are some boats in the bay before the firework display.




Below is a video of part of the firework display for Australia Day.


Happy Australia Day!



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome!